We offer comprehensive cosmetic solutions that can be administered individually or combined to give you the smile of your dreams. Call us now to schedule a consultation.
Is your smile something you smile about?
Do you hide your smile in pictures? Cover your mouth when you laugh and talk? Do you avoid dates or even job interviews because you are embarrassed or feel self-conscious about your teeth?
If so, it’s time to think about cosmetic dentistry from Breathe Modern Dentistry in Broken Arrow. Cosmetic dental procedures can improve the appearance of a tooth that is missing, discolored, crooked, chipped, worn down, cracked, broken, gapped, misaligned, misshapen, stained, decayed, fractured, or otherwise damaged.
The term “cosmetic dentistry” refers to any procedure performed on the outside surface of the teeth for aesthetic purposes only. It does not include restorative work such as fillings, crowns, bridges, root canal therapy, gum disease treatment, orthodontics, implant placement, oral surgery, periodontal care, or other types of treatments designed to repair damage inside the tooth structure itself and improve your oral health.
That said, in some cases, it’s necessary to perform restorative dental work before we can complete cosmetic procedures. We do this because the appearance of your smile is not the only thing that matters to us; we are also concerned with your smile’s health. For example, if there is decay present under the enamel layer of your tooth, then first, we may recommend a dental restoration before a cosmetic service.
If there is an abscessed area between two adjacent teeth, you may require an extraction or root canal before placing veneers over those teeth. In addition, sometimes, our patients have had previous cosmetic procedures done elsewhere which need to be repaired because they are damaged or simply in disrepair before completing their new smile makeover.
We will discuss all these options during your initial consultation appointment.
There are many different dental issues that cosmetic dentistry can treat, including:
There are many different types of cosmetic dental treatments available today:
• Tooth Whitening: This procedure uses light energy to remove stains from the surface layer of enamel on the tooth’s crown. The result is whiter teeth with no sensitivity.
• Teeth Bonding: This treatment involves bonding composite resin material directly onto the exposed surfaces of the tooth using special adhesive techniques. After curing, this new “bonded area” looks like a natural healthy tooth structure. In some cases, small amounts of tooth structure may be removed during preparation for bonding. However, most patients have enough remaining tooth structure to support the bonded areas without losing strength.
• Porcelain Veneers: These thin layers of porcelain are custom made to cover one or more front teeth. They look very much like natural teeth, but they don’t require removing any underlying tooth structure. Instead, these veneers are attached to existing tooth structures using an advanced technique adhesive. Porcelain veneers are an excellent option to update your smile’s small gaps, slightly turned teeth, stained teeth and more.
• Dental Implants: These tiny titanium posts replace missing roots and provide stability for artificial replacement teeth. A permanent bridge replaces all or part of a patient’s upper or lower jaw. It consists of several metal parts which fit together to form a complete arch. Bridges usually last longer than removable prostheses.
• Clear Aligner Therapy: Clear aligners are used to straighten teeth by gradually moving them into their ideal position over months.
• Cosmetic Gum Procedures: Gum grafts involve taking tissue from another site and transferring it to the gum line, which grows as if it were natural tissue. Grafts are often done at the same time as other restorative work such as implants.
• Crown Lengthening/Extension: A crown lengthening procedure removes excess gum tissues around the base of teeth with an extra “gummy” look.
Are you considering a smile makeover or full mouth reconstruction but aren’t sure if you’re a good candidate? Take this short quiz:
1) Do you feel self-conscious about how others perceive you when smiling?
2) Have you ever been told that you had crooked teeth?
3) Does your appearance affect your confidence in social situations?
4) Do you hide your smile in pictures and social situations?
If you answered yes to even one question, then we can help! We offer comprehensive cosmetic solutions that can be administered individually or combined to give you the smile of your dreams. Call us now to schedule a consultation.
Contact us to find out more or how we can help you.
101 E Albany St. Suite 101
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Call Now: 918-393-0070
Office hours: Monday – Thursday 8am – 4pm